Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 16-01-2023
According to Marion Devane, Tuam Mart was “back with a bang” with its opening cattle sale of the year on Monday, January 16th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that cull cows soared to €2,540, while bullocks hit €1,950 and heifers topped out at €1,970 at this week’s general cattle sale.
She remarked: “Overall, a vibrant trade prevailed with many anxious to buy fleshed and forward-type stores.”
“Cattle sale continues next Monday, January 23rd, 2023, and our next sheep sale takes place next Tuesday, January 24th, 2023.
“The following week, Monday, January 30th, will see the opening evening weanling sale of 2023 commence at 5 p.m. Bookings and enquiries to 093-24353,” Devane added.
Tuam Mart 16-01-2023
- 385 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1190 (€3.09/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1130 (€3.37/kg);
- 415 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €1160 (€2.80/kg);
- 440 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1390 (€3.16/kg);
- 530 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1640 (€3.09/kg);
- 650 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2040 (€3.14/kg);
- 635 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1950 (€3.07/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1950 (€3.12/kg).
- 475 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1500 (€3.16/kg);
- 480 kg AAX by a Belclare farmer made €1490 (€3.10/kg);
- 490 kg BBX by a Claremorris farmer made 1490 (€3.04/kg);
- 530 kg CHX by a Cahergal farmer made €1670 (€3.15/kg);
- 555 kg LMX by a Glenamaddy farmer made €1720 (€3.10/kg);
- 580 kg LMX by a Clogherboy farmer made €1900 (€3.28/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €2270 (€3.31/kg);
- 610 kg CHX by a Clogherboy farmer made €1970 (€3.23/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 855 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €2540 (€2.97/kg);
- 880 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €2330 (€2.65/kg);
- 615 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1740 (€1740/kg);
- 755 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €2290 (€3.03/kg);
- 810 kg BBX by a Headford farmer made €2430 (€3.00/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 240 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €740 (€3.08/kg)
- 320 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1090 (€3.41/kg)
- 315 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1010 (€3.11/kg)
- 295 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €980 (€3.32/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 215 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €660 (€3.07/kg);
- 275 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €830 (€3.02/kg);
- 295 kg LMX By a Dunmore farmer made €930 (€3.15/kg);
- 310 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €960 (€3.10/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €960 (€3.05/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].