Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 15-08-2022
According to Marion Devane, Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, August 15th, 2022, “boasted a buoyant trade throughout”.
The mart manager reported that dry cows topped out at €2,160, while heifers sold to €2,040 and bullocks peaked at €2,410.
Tuam Mart 15-08-2022
- 395 kg CHX by a Cloonkeely farmer made €1140 (€2.89/kg);
- A pair 455 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1330 (€2.92/kg);
- 470 kg CHX by a Cloghashill farmer made €1490 (€3.17/kg);
- 555 klg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1740 (€3.14/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Sylane farmer made €1840 (€3.04/kg);
- 600 kg AAX by a Kilconly farmer made €1820 (€3.03/kg);
- 730 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2200 (€3.01/kg);
- 795 kg LMX by a Belclare farmer made €2410 (€3.03/kg).
Cull cow prices
The mart manager reported that a smaller entry of cows went under the hammer, with prices as follows:
- 755 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €2160 (€2.86/kg);
- 625 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1760 (€2.82/kg);
- 745 kg BAX by a Milltown farmer made €2040 (€2.74/kg);
- 765 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €2050 (€2050/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1800 (€2.63/kg).
- 415 kg CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €1220 (€2.94/kg);
- 485 kg CHX by a Castlerea farmer made €1400 (€2.89/kg);
- 475 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1480 (€3.12/kg);
- 525 kg CHX by a Moylough farmer made €1630 (€3.10/kg);
- 570 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1780 (€3.12/kg);
- 590 kg CHX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1880 (€3.19/kg);
- 600 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1810 (€3.01/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €1830 (€3.02/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by an Irishtown farmer made €2040 (€2.98/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email Catherina Cunnane – [email protected]