Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 13-02-2023
According to Marion Devane, Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, February 13th, 2023, saw a “lively” trade with many factory agents, feedlot buyers and an “abundance” of farmers in attendance.
The mart manager reported that “turnout is strong for this time of year, and many farmers are booking in advance due to the calibre of prices being achieved in Tuam”.
“This week saw the send fortnightly weanling sale, which was met with exceptional trade for both bull and heifer trade which has provoked many to book in for our next evening sale on February 27th.”
“Next week is the return of our morning sale, which takes place at 11 am. Monday 27th will see the return of our evening weanling sale kicking off at 5:30 pm. Bookings & enquiries on 093-24353,” Devane added.
At Tuesday’s sale, cull cows reached €2,170, heifers peaked at €2,090, bullocks soared to €2,250, weanling heifers made up to €1,360, and weanling bulls topped out at €1,630.
Tuam Mart 13-02-2023
- 430 kg CHX by a Newbridge farmer made €1290 (€3.00/kg);
- 480 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1490 (€3.10/kg);
- 520 kg SIX by a Doogra farmer made €1630 (€3.13/kg);
- 535 kg CHX by a Caherlea farmer made €1840 (€3.44/kg);
- 550 kg LMX by a Doogra farmer made €1720 (€3.13/kg);
- 620 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2090 (€3.37/kg);
- 605 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1900 (€3.14/kg).
- 325 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1050 (€3.23/kg);
- 455 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1350 (€2.97/kg);
- 480 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1550 (€3.23/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1560 (€3.12/kg);
- 515 kg CHX by a Cummer farmer made €1600 (€3.11/kg);
- 550 kg AAX by a Lisavalley farmer made €1640 (€2.98/kg);
- 615 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1950 (€3.17/kg);
- 685 kg AAX by a Kilconly farmer made €2250 (€3.28/kg);
- 655 kg AAX by a Kilconly farmer made €2200 (€3.36/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 745 kg AAX by a Dunmore farmer made €2150 (€2.89/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1960 (€2.93/kg);
- 750 kg LMX by a Moyne farmer made €2150 (€2.87/kg);
- 720 kg LMX by a Corrandulla farmer made €2170 (€3.01/kg);
- 660 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €1990 (€3.02/kg);
- 640 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1850 (€2.89/kg);
- 685 kg LMX by a Corrandulla farmer made €2160 (€3.15/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 330 kg LMX by a Lavally farmer made €1270 (€3.85/kg);
- 285 kg CHX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1010 (€3.54/kg);
- 335 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1080 (€3.22/kg);
- 365 kg LMX by a Athenry farmer made €1210 (€3.32/kg);
- 350 kg LMX by a Monivea farmer made €1360 (€3.89/kg);
- 315 kg CHX by a Belclare farmer made €1110 (€3.52/kg).
Weanling bull prices:
- 315 kg LM by a Barnaderg farmer made €1100 (€3.49/kg);
- A pair 360 kg CHX by a Togher farmer made €1280 (€3.56/kg);
- 315 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1100 (€3.49/kg);
- 350 kg LMX by a Claremorris farmer made €1120 (€3.20/kg);
- 370 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1220 (€3.30/kg);
- A pair 310 kg LMX by a Barnaderg farmer made €1170 (€3.77/kg);
- 340 kg LMX by a Knocknagur farmer made €1240 (€3.65/kg);
- 390 kg BBX by a Milltown farmer made €1630 (€4.18/kg).
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].