Tuam Mart – cattle prices – 07-02-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “lively” trade prevailed at Tuam Mart’s cattle sale on Monday, February 7th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that cull cow climbed to €2,080, while heifers fetched up to €1,780 and bullocks reached €1,640.
Tuam Mart 07-02-2022:
Cull cow prices:
- 700 kg LMX by a Kilbannon farmer made €1530 (€2.19/kg);
- 635 kg LM by a Dunmore farmer made €1460 (€2.30/kg);
- 695 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €1560 (€2.24/kg);
- 625 kg LMX by a Clogherboy farmer made €1370 (€2.19/kg) ;
- 830 kg LMX by a Tuam farmer made €2080 (€2.51/kg).
- A pair of AAX heifers 342 kg by a Cloonkeely farmer made €880 (€2.57/kg);
- 410 kg CH by a Creevabawn farmer made €1000 (€2.44/kg);
- 465 kg SIX by a Woodquay farmer made €1180 (€2.54/kg);
- 510 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1390 (€2.73/kg);
- 615 kg AAX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1580 (€2.57/kg);
- 620 kg LM by a Tuam farmer made €1640 (€2.65/kg);
- 665 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1780 (€2.68/kg).
Meanwhile, Devane reported that the bullock trade was also “strong”.
She noted that “many farmers decided to pair and make groups of three for selling”.
“This has proven to be beneficial for those selling, creating more competition amongst buyers.”
- 465 kg CHX by a Claregalway farmer made €1170 (€2.52/kg);
- 475 kg SAX by a Tuam farmer made €1160 (€2.44/kg);
- Pair of LMX 447 kg by a Claremorris farmer €1270 (€2.84/kg);
- Pair of 565 kg AAX by a Claremorris farmer made €1430 (€2.53/kg);
- 560 kg AAX by a Claremorris farmer made €1440 (€2.57/kg);
- 585 kg SAX by a Claremorris farmer made €1380 (€2.36/kg);
- 645 kg LMX by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1580 (€2.45/kg);
- Pair of AAX 625 kg by an Abbeyknockmoy farmer made €1640 (€2.62/kg).
Devane reported that a small selection of weanlings turned out for Monday’s sale. The mart will hold an evening weanling sale next Monday at 5:30 p.m, which will also feature a selection of in-calf heifers.
Weanling bull prices:
- 255 kg LMX by a Kilbannon farmer made €770 (€3.02/kg);
- 305 kg LMX by a Cummer farmer made €880 (€2.89/kg);
- 250 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €760 (€3.04/kg).
Devane reported that the sheep trade is “holding with a good volume of hoggets” being presented for sale each week, along with a number of in-lambs and culls.
M art information:
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]