Tuam Mart – Cattle Prices – 04-07-2022
According to Marion Devane, a “slight cooling in prices was evident in places” at Tuam Mart’s most recent cattle sale on Monday, July 4th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that despite this, a “good” demand prevailed throughout the latest sale.
She explained that cull cows reached €2,290, while heifers topped out at €1,670, bullocks soared to €2,050 and bullocks peaked at €1,160.
Tuam Mart 04-07-2022
- 400 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1100 (€2.75/kg);
- 425 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1180 (€4.25/kg);
- 515 kg LMX by a Castlegar farmer made €1350 (€2.62/kg);
- 540 kg CHX by an Athenry farmer made €1380 (€2.56/kg);
- 585 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1640 (€2.80/kg);
- 590 kg CHX by a Ballyglunin farmer made €1670 (€2.83/kg).
Cull cow prices:
- 795 kg SIX by a Lavally farmer made €2140 (€2.69/kg)
- 860 kg CHX by a Lavally farmer made €2290 (€2.66/kg)
- 855 kg AAX by a Belclare farmer made €2270 (€2.65/kg)
- 850 kg CHX by a Headford farmer made €2220 (€2.61/kg)
- 840 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €2400 (€2.86/kg)
- 725 kg by a Tuam farmer made €2150 (€2.97/kg)
Weanling bull prices:
- 375 kg CHX by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1090 (€2.91/kg);
- 365 kg BBX by a Belclare farmer made €1160 (€3.18/kg);
- A pair 352 kg by a Brownsgrove farmer made €1040 (€2.95/kg);
- 385 kg LMX by a Ballinasloe farmer made €1070 (€2.78/kg);
- 470 kg LMX by a Shrule farmer made €1380 (€2.94/kg);
- 400 kg LMX by a Kilkerrin farmer made €1180 (€2.95/kg).
Weanling heifer prices:
- 360 kg PTX by a Belclare farmer made €1000 (€2.78/kg);
- 320 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €740 (€2.31/kg);
- 360 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €840 (€2.33/kg);
- 340 kg BBX by a Tuam farmer made €800 (€2.33/kg).
- 395 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1080 (€2.73/kg);
- 430 kg CHX by a Tuam farmer made €1300 (€3.02/kg);
- 435 kg BBX by a Claremorris farmer made €1110 (€2.55/kg);
- 500 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1300 (€2.60/kg);
- 640 kg CHX by a Dunmore farmer made €1810 (€2.83/kg)
- 700 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €2050 (€2.93/kg);
- 670 kg LMX by a Dunmore farmer made €1910 (€2.85/kg).
How did prices compare to last week’s?
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm.
Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected].