Tuam Mart – sheep prices – 02-11-2021
According to Marion Devane, a “flying” trade prevailed for sheep at Tuam Mart on 02-11-2021.
The mart manager reported a “strong” demand for lambs at the Galway-based mart’s weekly sale.
Tuam Mart 02-11-2021:
- 5 kg by a Claregalway farmer made €126 (€3.45/kg);
- 39 kg by a Corofin farmer made €130 (€3.33/kg);
- 42 kg by a Milltown farmer made €131 (€3.12/kg);
- 44 kg by a Turlughmore farmer made €135 (€3.07/kg);
- 46 kg by a Tuam farmer made €137 (€2.98/kg);
- 5 kg by a Tuam farmer made €147 (€3.03/kg);
- 56 kg by a Brnaderg farmer made €150 (€2.68/kg).
Devane reported that a “smaller” number of breeding sheep were on offer this week with a ”good” trade for hoggets.
- 5 hoggets made €242/head;
- Also, 5 hoggets made €218/head;
- 5 hoggets made €202/head.
Cull ewe prices:
Devane reported a “good” trade for cull ewes on the back of “strong” online activity from Northern buyers.
- 5 kg by a Headford farmer made €136 (€1.63/kg);
- 90 kg by a Corofin farmer made €150 (€1.67/kg);
- 94 kg by a Belclare farmer made €164 (€1.74/kg);
- 86 kg by a Lavally farmer made €138 (€1.60/kg).
According to Marion Devane, there was a “good trade all-round” at Tuam Mart’s 60th-anniversary sale on November 1st, 2021.
The mart manager told That’s Farming: “Despite prices curtailing on last week’s sale, trade remains positive.”
“We would like to thank all of our generous sponsors that contributed to our 60th celebrations and our customer rewards day.”
Find cull cow, bullock, heifer and weanling prices.
- Address: Church View, Corralea West, Tuam
- County: Galway
- Phone: 093-24353
Upcoming sales at Tuam Mart:
- Cattle sales every Monday;
- Sheep sales every Tuesday. Intake from 12 pm to 3 pm. Breeding ewes and hogget at 4:30 pm in ring 1 and lamb sale on the plank at 5 pm. Sheep sales will commence at 5 p.m. from Tuesday, November 2nd.
- Read more mart reports.
To include your reports, email – [email protected]