The Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine (DAFM) has extended the transfer of payment entitlement deadline until midnight on Wednesday, June 14th, 2023.
The initial deadline was midnight on May 29th, 2023, the same as the deadline for the Basic Income Support for Sustainability (BISS) and other area-based schemes applications, which remain unchanged, as per official department clarification.
This will, a statement from the DAFM reads, ensure “the department can process all applications under these schemes as efficiently as possible”.
“Farmers and FAS Advisors are urged to avail of the extension to the deadline for the transfer of payment entitlements to ensure the new procedure for transfers and confirmation signatures are completed and signed by the designated person,” the spokesperson outlined.
Farm scheme dates
Farmers should take note of the dates listed below, earmarked by the DAFM:
- Closing date for BISS and related area-based schemes 2023 application – May 29th, 2023 (mid-night);
- ANC advance payments commence issuing to clear cases from October 17th, 2023;
- BISS advance payments commence issuing to clear cases from October 24th, 2023;
- Eco-Scheme advance payments commence issuing to clear cases from October 31st, 2023;
- Balancing payments commence issuing to clear cases from December 1st, 2023;
- Other scheme payments commence issuing to clear cases from November/December 2023 (again, no specified date);
- Official end of BISS 2023 scheme year – December 31st, 2023.
Other key dates [BISS and related area-based schemes]:
- Land must be held from the beginning of the year until after May 31st, 2023, or for a period before May 31st, 2023, to December 31st, 2023, for BISS and for the entire calendar year for ANC;
- Amend your application (no penalty) – June 14th, 2023;
- Late application deadline (with a penalty) – June 23rd, 2023;
- Preliminary check letters will issue (no penalty) – June 2023;
- Preliminary check date for response – July 5th, 2023;
- Area Monitoring System (AMS) notifications will commence – June 2023.
Farming news on That’s Farming: