Kilkenny Mart held their final Tuesday calf sale for 2020 on the 9th of June.
According to George Candler, the sale resulted in a 100% clearance with a lot of strong calves on offer.
The auctioneer reported that trade remained firm throughout, with bidders both online and at ringside creating a lot of interest. He said the seating arrangements did not impact the buyers due to the limited number present at the sale.
From next week, the calf sale will be held on Monday in conjunction with the weekly sheep sale.
- 1st rate Friesian bulls – €75-€155/head;
- Continental bulls – €120-€330/head;
- Continental heifers – €110-€320/head;
- AA/HE bulls – €80-€335/head;
- AA/HE heifers – €70-€270/head.