Toyota has taken the wraps off its bZ4X, a pure electric purpose-designed battery electric vehicle (BEV).
The Japanese multinational automotive manufacturer will launch the SUV in the UK next year.
It will offer it for sale in three equipment grades plus a special, high-specification Premiere Edition version to mark its “significant” debut.
The Pure grade is the entry point to the line-up, with features, including
- 18-inch alloy wheels;
- Multimedia system with eight-inch display;
- Seven-inch digital combimeter;
- Reversing camera;
- Smart entry and start;
- A climate control system with remote operation function that lets owners warm-up or cool their car ahead of a making a journey.
Options include roof rails and a towing pack.
The bZ4X Pure will be offered exclusively with front-wheel drive.
The bZ4X Motion introduces a rear spoiler, rear privacy glass, power back door, parking sensors and an entry illumination sequence.
Furthermore, the cabin has heated front seats – the driver’s seat with eight-way power adjustment – an ambient lighting system and a wireless charging tray is provided.
Options include a Skyview fixed panoramic roof, 20-inch alloys and an expanded Toyota T-Mate safety and driver assistance package.
Customers can choose the bZ4X Motion with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive with Toyota’s new electric X-MODE system, which gives bZ4X “class-leading off-road driving capability”.
The Vision grade is at the top of the regular model line-up with a prestige specification that includes:
- Five-double-spoke 20-inch alloy wheels;
- Rear parking sensors with auto-brake function;
- Remote Controlled Parking Assist;
- Synthetic leather seat upholstery;
- Heated and ventilated front seats;
- Power back door with kick sensor and a heated steering wheel.
It will also come with a digital key, which allows the vehicle owner to provide access to the vehicle to others by means of a smartphone app.
Options include the Skyview roof and towing pack. As with the bZ4X Motion, front-wheel drive and X-MODE AWD drive versions are available.
According to Toyota, the on-the-road prices for the new bZ4X are:
|MODEL GRADE||DRIVETRAIN||OTR PRICE|
|bZ4X Motion||X-MODE AWD||£48,350|
|bZ4X Vision||X-MODE AWD||£50,250|
|bZ4X Premiere Edition||X-MODE AWD||£51,550|
Read about Toyota Hilux.