Kilkenny Mart attracted some 1,000 entries on Thursday, February 20th, according to George Candler.
The auctioneer reported that a selection of quality forward continental bullocks climbed to €2.55/kg, while heifers sold to €2.50/kg.
“Cull cows also met a 100% clearance with a top call of €2.15/kg for continentals.” Candler added.
- 600kgs – €1.70-€2.32/kg or €990-€1,530/hd;
- 500-600kgs – €1.60-€2.50/kg or €850-€1,430/hd;
- 400-500kg – €1.50-€2.60/kg or €650-€1,230/hd;
- <400kgs – €1.60-€2.91/kg or €480-€1,050/hd.
- Friesian cull cows – €1.10-€1.65/kg;
- Continental cull cows – €1.30-€2.15/kg.
- Beef entries – €1.80-€2.30/kg or €1,020 or €1,500/hd;
- Forward stores – €1.75-€2.73/kg or €800-€1,270/hd;
- Light stores – €1.60-€2.50/kg or €580-€890/hd.