Global veterinary job platform, The Vet Service, will host the ‘Titanic Vet Show’ – a new communication and well-being event in support of the mental health of the industry – later this year.
The event will take place over two days on Friday, May 5th and Saturday, May 6th, 2023, at the Titanic Belfast, Northern Ireland.
It will feature “some of the top” speakers specialising in mental health and wellbeing in the veterinary industry, a range of exhibitors from the veterinary industry and a black-tie gala dinner on the Friday evening.
The event will take the format of talks from six expert veterinary professionals on mental health & well-being as well, followed by Q&A sessions.
All proceeds from the event go to ‘Vet Support’, a voluntary mental health support service for vets across the UK and Ireland.
All sessions will be one hour long, including time for a Q+A at the end of each talk, which will cover subjects relating to mental health & well-being, as well as communication with vets and clients.
There will be four talks on Friday and two on Saturday morning. Vet Support will also deliver a short talk over the weekend.
Speakers and talks (Worth 6 hours CPD + pending VCI approval):
- 5 Imposter Narratives and How to Navigate Them – By Dr. Katie Ford – BVSc (Hons), CertAVP (SAM), PGCert, MRCVS Vet, Imposter Syndrome Speaker, Coach, Mentor, Consultant
- Introducing Human Factors in Veterinary Practice – By Dan Tipney – Head of Culture, Patient Safety and Human Factors at The Ralph, VetLed Founding Partner & Training Director former Airline Pilot and Team GB Athlete Culture, Patient Safety
- How to Stay Calm, Motivated and Joyful in a World of Complex Circumstances – By Dr. Des Rice – OBE MVB PhD MRCVS HGDipP, Executive Coach CCO – The Collaboration Company
- Leading Yourself First – By Lynn McKeown – MCIPD, Master NLP Practitioner
- Client Conversations – How Better Communicating Eases the Burden of Consultations – By Dr. Karl Boveniser MVB. CertVC, MRCVS, Practitioner and Executive Life Coach
- How to Build an Emotionally Healthy and Financially Wealthy Veterinary Career – By Dermot McInerney, BVSc MRCVS, Head of Veterinary Partnerships VetX International
More information and tickets for the event are now on sale via this link.