You can produce effective, engaging TikTok content by following the 6 S’s of TikTok success, which one of the social media platform’s experts has openly shared with the public.
Katey McElroy – strategic partnership manager SMB at TikTok – led a webinar entitled ‘TikTok Creative Strategy 2023’ earlier this morning (Thursday, January 26th, 2023).
The one-hour masterclass – which she hosted alongside colleagues – explored how TikTok is transforming the retail consumer, creative best practices for eCommerce brands, working with creatives and influencers and opportunities for retailers on TikTok shop.
I was among the virtual attendees who joined what an information-packed, interactive session and for the purpose of this news article on That’s Farming, I have summarised some of the information that was exchanged during the webinar.
Below, I have summarised the 6 S’s of TikTok success to make your content more engaging:
- Say it direct:
- Speak to the camera and break the fourth wall;
- Provide a simple explanation: This is our product/service; this is how you use it; this is how you sign up; this is how it will benefit/impact you; this is targeted at;
- If you are not comfortable with being on-camera, enlist the assistance of someone who is;
- Think creatively;
- Be concise;
- Speak as soon as you begin recording – cut out the first second.
- See it fast:
- Let viewers see the product upfront;
- Display in the first few seconds of your clip instead of the end – the aim is to stop users from scrolling.
- Show it off:
- Show the product and explain how it works – who, what, when, when, why and how;
- Do so by means of creative visuals, demonstrations, screen recordings, voiceovers, ect.
- Shoot it simply:
- Do not make creatives that feel overly polished;
- If you have a phone that you can take videos on, you can capture content – this is in the correct format for uploading – Do not worry about high-tech audio and visual recording equipment.
- Sub it:
- Use captions to feel more native;
- For diversity and inclusion;
- Very easy-to-use feature.
- Send them off:
- Have a command/CTA (call to action) for your viewers to follow;
- Do you want them to purchase a product? Direct them to your website? Comment? Visit your restaurant or store?
Previous articles on That’s Farming: