Kilkenny Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday (September 17th) attracted some 880 entries, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported that continentals sold well at the general cattle sale, with Aberdeen-Angus bullock and heifers also “in demand”.
“Prices in the heifer sector was very much influenced ages with 2018-born forward stores difficult to sell. The slide in Friesian bullock prices evident at last week’s sale seems to have been halted.” Candler added.
- 600kgs – €1.70-€2.30/kg or €950-€1,580/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.50-€2.40/kg or €780-€1,420/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.45-€2.60/kg or €460-€1,160/head;
- <400kgs – €1.50-€2.45/kg or €400-€900/head.
- Beef-types – €1.90-€2.35/kg or €980-€1,580/head;
- Forward stores – €2.00-€2.45/kg or €890-€1,200/head;
- Light store heifers – €1.60-€2.55/kg or €560-€990/head.
- Friesian cull cows – €0.80-€1.65/kg;
- Continental cows – €1.30-€2.05/kg.