That’s Farming Media – the fastest-growing digital-based agricultural publication in Ireland – is seeking energetic junior journalists/content creators to join its expanding team.
Full and part-time positions are being offered by this award-winning digital media company, which is located in the west of Ireland.
Join the firm’s fast-paced editorial environmental at a time of continued growth ahead of a major project this autumn.
- A third-level qualification in agricultural science, journalism, public relations, a related-communications field or previous experience;
- A keen interest in and awareness of agricultural and rural topics.
Skills and qualities:
- A flair for writing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Research and editing skills;
- Time management skills – an ability to meet tight deadlines;
- An ability to work well in team environments and independently;
- Creative, persistent, capable, hard-working, well-organised, punctual, reliable and trustworthy with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong people skills with great powers of persuasion and presentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating original, high-quality content – both written and video;
- Liaising with management, the editor and team of journalists;
- Attending press launches and other agricultural events throughout the calendar year;
- Digital marketing of content through various social mediums such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and LinkedIn.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary;
- An opportunity to be part of an award-winning team;
How to apply
Those who express an interest in these positions are asked to submit a cover letter – outlining why they are a suitable candidate – and CV to – [email protected] – [Attention of Catherina Cunnane, general manager].
Previously published works focused on agriculture are also a must and your best examples of same should be attached to any applications.
That’s Farming is an equal opportunities employer.