Teagasc’s network of agricultural colleges will play host to a series of open days for prospective students commencing today (Wednesday, October 5th, 2022).
It aims to provide prospective applicants to its agriculture, horticulture, equine and forestry courses with an opportunity to gain an insight into its educational offerings and facilities.
In a video ahead of the events, Ann-Marie Butler, head of education of Teagasc, said:
“All of our colleges are hosting an open day, where you can experience, first-hand, our course options. The key priority for Teagasc at this point in time is to provide leadership and support for the transformation of our agri-food system to a sustainable food system, which embraces economic, environmental and social dimensions of sustainability.”
“Each of our college farms is a Teagasc signpost farm. Our farms support the transition of Irish farming towards more sustainable farming systems.”
“They contribute to the agricultural sector’s efforts to reduce agricultural emissions, in line with national policy and the daily experience of all our students, on all our farms, builds national capability and capacity.”
“You will have an opportunity to see how we are implementing changes on our farms, which met these new challenges.”
“You can discuss how your education programme can support training needs so that your future in the land-based sector is secured. We look forward to welcoming you to our open days, and I wish you the very best.”
Teagasc open days
- Mountbellew Agricultural College: Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 – 10am-12:30pm;
- Teagasc Ballyhaise Agricultural College: Friday, October 7th, 2022 – 10am-1pm – advanced booking is essential;
- Clonakilty Agricultural College: Friday, October 7th, 2022 – 11am-1pm;
- Kildalton College: Friday, October 7th, 2022 – Tours commence at 10am-11am;
- Gurteen College: Friday, October 14th, 2022 – 10am-12:30pm;
- Teagasc College of Amenity Horticulture, National Botanic Gardens: Thursday, October 13th, 2022 – 12pm-3pm;
- Salesian Agricultural College: Saturday, November 5th, 2022 – 11am-1pm.
Read Student Focus profiles and Career Focus interviews.