- Advertisement -
Some 650 cattle went under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday (November 5th), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported an “excellent” trade for forward store bullocks, with a top call of €2.45/kg.
“Beef bullocks were in short supply which could be an indication that supplies are drying up. Light bullocks and heifers peaked at €2.40/kg.”
- 600kgs – €1.80-€2.45/kg or €1,050-€1,500/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.70-€2.40/kg or €950-€1,280/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.70-€2.40/kg or €750-€1,150/head;
- <400kgs – €1.70-€2.25/kg or €600-€850/head.
- Friesians – €.075-€1.35/kg;
- Continentals – €0.75-€1.35/kg.
- Beef-types – €1.80-€2.20/kg or €950-€1,470/head;
- Forward stores – €1.70-€2.35/kg or €860-€1,210/head;
- Light stores – €1.80-€2.30/kg or €500-€810 over.