Fat lambs improved by €1-€3/head, while store lambs were easier by €1-€2/head at Blessington Mart on Tuesday, August 25h, according to a spokesperson.
They reported that all other classes met with a “very good” trade with numbers increase week-on-week.
“Lots of customers for breeding hoggets and Suffolk-cross ewe lambs.” the mart spokesperson added.
- Heavy lambs – €111-€119/head or €62-€70 over;
- Factory lambs – €100-€112/head or €58-€88 over;
- Store lambs over 35kgs – €80-€96/head or €45-€56 over;
- Store lambs under 35kgs – €70-€88/head or €43-€53 over;
- Suffolk-cross ewe lambs – €100-€150/head or €70-€112 over;
- Fat ewes – €128-€145/head;
- Feeding ewes – €80-€110/head;
- Suffolk hogget ewes – €187-€230/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart / Facebook