Some 850 cattle were presented for sale at Kilkenny Mart on Thursday, August 6th, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported that all bullocks met an “excellent” trade.
“Some heifers more difficult to sell if lacking quality. Cull cows again meeting a good solid trade with a top call of €2.10/kg for continentals.”
“The recovery in the trade reflected in the trade for cull bulls, which were nearly impossible to get away a few months ago, 735kgs, Limousin, €1,420, 1,110kgs, Limousin, €1980 and a 1,230kgs, Charolais, €2,180.” Candler added.
- 600kgs+ – €1.80-€2.30/kg or €1,060-€1,810/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.65-€2.55/kg or €870-€1,390/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.60-€2.80/kg or €680-€1,270/head;
- <400kgs – €1.50-€2.61/kg or €490-€1,030/head.
- Friesians – €1.05-€1.65/kg;
- Continentals – €1.35-€2.10/kg.
- Beef-types – €1.85-€2.30/kg or €1,160-€1,550/head;
- Forward stores – €1.75-€2.55/kg or €880-€1,355/head;
- Light stores – €1.60-€2.60/kg or €450-€1,000/head.