There was a larger entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 6th), according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager said: “Trade remains very lively for quality cattle while some are more difficult to sell. “
“Plenty of buyers around the ring seeking quality in-spec cattle making these a great trade.”
- Bulls fetched from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers sold from €1.90/kg to €2.90/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €500 to €945 over;
- Beef bullocks – €570 to €845 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €765 over;
- Beef heifers – €450 to €975 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €975 over;
- Dry cows – €700 to €1830 each.