Clare Marts Limited is currently open for business but has announced a “further tightening of protocols” in response to the Covid-19 outbreak.
In a statement, a mart spokesperson confirmed that the following measures will be in place until further notice:
- All canteen facilities are closed with immediate effect;
- Sellers will not be allowed in the chutes and will have to advise mart staff of the way they wish to have their cattle numbered at the point of unloading;
- Sellers will only be allowed in the sales ring for the duration of the sale of their stock or alternatively can have their stock sold subject to their approval;
- Limited access will only be allowed in the sales rings to people who have business to conduct there;
- No children allowed and absolutely only people with business to attend as you will not be allowed enter;
- Anyone that has been out of the country recently or been in contact with anybody exhibiting any symptoms, please do not attend.
“Your co-operation with the protocol would be appreciated, for queries please contact: 065 6824411.” the spokesperson concluded.