Roscommon Farm for €1.4m
Two residential properties, entitlements, 135-acres, bogland, a farmyard, cattle handling facilities and road frontage are among the unique selling points of RE/MAX Team Earley’s newest listing in Kilmacumsey, Elphin, Co Roscommon.
The personal representatives for the estate of Mary Beirne (deceased) have instructed the property firm to offer the above for sale.
According to the firm’s Cathal Meares, this property contains some of the “very best” agricultural land in the area.
He suggested that the property, which has 51.8 entitlements (valued at €14,400), is “suitable for all types of farming”. Furthermore, it is in “convenient” divisions/lots and is easily managed with “excellent” frontage onto the public road.
He said that the sale of this prime estate must offer all farmers an excellent opportunity to acquire quality lands which can be sold in one or separate lots as listed should market interest dictate.
The selling agent is seeking €1.4m for the property in its entirety but is offering it for sale in up to seven lots.
The property contains approximately 93.5-acres together with the benefit of two residential properties and a farmyard.
The remaining approximately 40.7-acres are in the townlands of Portobello and Attiaghygranna, which is just located off the Roscommon to Boyle Road (the N61).
- 1 (Guide price: €160,000): Approximately 23.27-acres of “average to good quality” land in the townland of Ballyroddy.
- 2 (Guide price: €450,000): Approximately 49.25-acres of “good quality” lands in the townlands of Kilmacumsy in one block;
- 3 (Guide price: €295,000): 4 B/R Stone facade bungalow residence on approx. 0.75 acre with a pitch slated roof and rear extension. The ground floor consists of an entrance hall, a living room, a kitchen, a utility, a dining room, a conservatory, a family bathroom and two bedrooms (master with en-suite). Furthermore, there are boglands at Eden and Kinclare (approximately 1-acre);
- 4 (Guide price: €75,000): A 3 bedroom detached farmhouse residence with an adjoining coach house to the side. The farmhouse sits on a site area of approx. 3.6-acres, which features three cattle holding pens, a 2-bay hay shed and storage sheds. Services connected include water and ESB;
- 5 (Guide price: €110,000): Approximately 16.67-acres in the townland of Teermore. Land set out on opposite sides of the public roadway;
- 6 (Guide price: €220,000): Approx. 27.4-acres of “quality” lands with “extensive” road frontage in the townland of Portobello. Furthermore, it contains a cattle holding pen, a cattle crush and an old stone derelict residence standing thereon.
- 7 (Guide price: €90,000): Approx. 13.2-acres in the townland of Attiaghygranna with “good” road frontage.
Other articles on That’s Farming: