Raphoe Mart Prices – 31-03-2022
The mart manager reported that many lots in this category sold to €3.00/kg at its general cattle sale.
She noted that lighter stock remained in demand with up to €3.40/kg for quality types, while plainer lots generally changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
Meanwhile, bulls reached a top price of €1,610 over the weight; bullocks topped out at €1,270 over the kg, and heifers fetched up to €1,255 over the weight.
Furthermore, Harkin noted that medium weights were also “highly sought after”, selling from €2.50/kg to €3/kg and more in some cases.
She added that Aberdeen Angus cattle sold from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesians pushed from €1.70/kg to €2.30/kg.
Raphoe Mart Prices: 31-03-2022:
- Beef bullocks – €850 to €1270 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1150 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €900 to €1610 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €895 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €650 to €1255 over the weight.
Cattle prices on a €/kg basis:
- Heifers ranged from €2.20/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €800/head to €2240/head;
- Bulls/bullocks traded from €2.20/kg to €3.40/kg.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, spring lambs (50kgs) sold for €205/head at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, March 28th, 2022.
She reported that ewes with one lamb sold from €150 to €200/team, while ewes with twin lambs pushed from €180 to €305/team.
Furthermore, fat ewes generally went under the hammer from €100 to €234/head, with one lot making €300.
- €80 to €110 for 28-33kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 34-37kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 38-44kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 45-60kgs.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at email@example.com