Raphoe Mart’s first cattle sale of the year attracted a good entry on Thursday, January 9th, according to Ann Harkin.
“Trade has started off brisk with plenty of bidders around the ring looking to purchase stock. Farmers, agents and feedlot buyers were all in attendance.” the manager explained.
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers pushed from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €520 to €625 over;
- Beef bullocks – €550 to €645 over;
- Store bullocks – €380 to €630 over;
- Beef heifers – €615 to €740 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €550 over;
- Dry cows – €500 to €1505 each.