A much larger entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, January 23rd, according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said, “A lot of great quality cattle on offer, which met a flying trade, and forward-store cattle were a lot dearer than previous weeks.”
- Bulls fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Bullocks sold from €2.00/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers made from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €600 to €835 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €935 over;
- Store bullocks – €580 to €815 over;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1240 over;
- Store heifers – €300 to €725 over;
- Dry cows – €600 to €1550 each.
Image source: Raphoe Livestock Mart Facebook