Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 29-04-2021
The mart manager reported that a “brisk trade leading to an almost complete clearance”.
“Quality forward stock are still in great demand amongst farmers, feedlot buyers and factory agents who all drove the trade.”
“Medium weights were also highly sought after with agents and farmers anxious to purchase for grazing and further feeding.”
“A sharp trade for lighter weights including Hereford and Aberdeen Angus beef cattle selling from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg and continentals selling from €2.40/kg to €3/kg.”
Raphoe Mart 29-04-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €650/head to €1450/head;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €630 to €1190 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €710 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €815 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €600 to €1010 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €685 over the weight.
Raphoe Mart 22-04-2021:
Ann Harkin reported that a large entry of cattle today with an “excellent trade” on Thursday, April 22nd, 2021.
“Strong forward cattle were in great demand this week again with males selling up to €1,040 over the weight and heifers making up to €1035 over.”
“Lighter cattle also sold well with grass buyers aiding the online trade leading to prices of up to €2.60/kg and in some cases €3/kg,” Harkin added.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Fat cows went the hammer from €690/head to €1730/head;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €710 to €1040 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €830 to €1000 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €925 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1035 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €725 over the weight.
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11am
- Upcoming sales: Next sheep sale on Monday, April 12th, 2021.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org or see Facebook here.
You can find more mart reports here