Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 27-01-2022
According to Ann Harkin, demand was “high” for cattle at Raphoe Mart’s sale on Thursday, January 27th, 2022.
The mart manager reported that buyers were active both at the ringside and online.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong forward stock sold up to €2.80/kg, while lighter lots made up to €3.20/kg in the ring.”
“Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus cattle were also highly sought after, selling from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 27-01-2022
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Fat cows made from €600/head to €1770/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €1095 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €715 to €1230 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €480 to €1065 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €550 to €985 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €820 over the weight.
Monday’s sheep sale
Harkin described the entry at Monday’s (January 24th, 2022) sale as “seasonal”. She reported that heavy lambs were easier by €5/head, selling to €154 each.
“Store lambs remained a similar trade to previous weeks. Lighter stores sold from €90/head to €120/head and forward stores sold from €120/head to €142/head.”
“Fat ewes pushed from €125/head to €176/head with lighter ewes making €80 to €120 each.”
“Ewes with single lambs went under the hammer from €180 to €230, while ewes with twin lambs at foot sold from €235 to €310,” she concluded.
Previous week’s cattle sale:
According to Ann Harkin, a “much larger” entry of cattle passed through the ring at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, January 20th, 2022.
The mart manager reported “brisk” bidding around the ring and online for all stock.
“There was a superb trade from start to finish. Demand for forward stores remains high with strong cattle selling up to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter, quality stores also sold well, making up to€3/kg or more in some instances,” she remarked.
According to Harkin, lambs sold for the following prices at Monday’s (January 17th, 2022) sheep sale:
- €100 to €125 for 31-37kgs;
- €125 to €140 for 38-44kgs;
- €140 to €150 for 45-50kgs;
- €150 to €156 for 50-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €160 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]