Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 27-01-2022
The mart manager reported that buyers were active both at the ringside and online.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Strong forward stock sold up to €2.80/kg, while lighter lots made up to €3.20/kg in the ring.”
“Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus cattle were also highly sought after, selling from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 27-01-2022
- Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.20/kg to €3.20/kg;
- Fat cows made from €600/head to €1770/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €1095 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €715 to €1230 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €480 to €1065 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €550 to €985 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €820 over the weight.
Monday’s sheep sale
Harkin described the entry at Monday’s (January 24th, 2022) sale as “seasonal”. She reported that heavy lambs were easier by €5/head, selling to €154 each.
“Store lambs remained a similar trade to previous weeks. Lighter stores sold from €90/head to €120/head and forward stores sold from €120/head to €142/head.”
“Fat ewes pushed from €125/head to €176/head with lighter ewes making €80 to €120 each.”
“Ewes with single lambs went under the hammer from €180 to €230, while ewes with twin lambs at foot sold from €235 to €310,” she concluded.
Previous week’s cattle sale:
The mart manager reported “brisk” bidding around the ring and online for all stock.
“There was a superb trade from start to finish. Demand for forward stores remains high with strong cattle selling up to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter, quality stores also sold well, making up to€3/kg or more in some instances,” she remarked.
According to Harkin, lambs sold for the following prices at Monday’s (January 17th, 2022) sheep sale:
- €100 to €125 for 31-37kgs;
- €125 to €140 for 38-44kgs;
- €140 to €150 for 45-50kgs;
- €150 to €156 for 50-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €160 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]