Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 26-05-2022
The mart manager reported that a large entry of cattle came under the hammer at its weekly general cattle sale.
She noted that farmers, agents, and feedlot buyers all competed for stock.
Strong, forward cattle changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg, while medium weights made from €2.60/kg to €3.60/kg, lighter weights changed hands from €2.80/kg to €3.80/kg and Friesian cattle pushed from €1.90/kg to €2.40/kg.
Raphoe Mart 26-05-2022
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.60/kg to €3.70/kg
- Heifers fetched from €2.60/kg to €3.80/kg
- Fat cows ranged from €800/head to €2850/head
- Beef heifers – €580 to €1975 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €305 to €1145 over the weight;
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1370 to €1720 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €1000 to €1715 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €405 to €1280 over the weight.
According to Harkin, Monday’s sheep sale drew an “excellent entry of top-quality” lots.
All were in “high demand” around the ring and online with prices to €360/team for ewes with twin lambs.
Heavy, fat ewes traded from €200/head to €232/head, while lighter, fat ewes sold from €130/head to €180/head.
Ewes with singles sold from €160 to €290/team and ewes with twins sold from €250 to €360/team.
- Lighter lambs (30-35kgs) made from €112/head to €140/head.
- Factory lambs (42-48kgs) ranged from €146/head to €174/head.
- Butcher lambs (48-55kgs) varied from €175/head to €182/head.
Last week’s prices
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected]