Raphoe Mart report – cattle prices – 19-08-2021
The mart manager reported that prices “remained very strong” for quality lots, from €2.50/kg to €2.80/kg.
“Strong forward cattle were also in great demand, selling from €2.40/kg to €2.80/kg. Aberdeen Angus and Hereford cattle sold from €2/kg to €2.30/kg.”
“Friesian cattle were more difficult to sell – selling from €1.40/kg to €1.80/kg.” the mart manager added.
Raphoe Mart 19-08-2021:
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Cull cows sold from €850/head to €1610/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €580 to €1035 over;
- Beef bullocks – €580 to €855 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €810 over;
- Beef heifers – €480 to €1015 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €850 over.
Last week’s cattle prices:
The mart manager reported, “a great demand” for quality entries as these ranged from €2.60/kg to €2.80/kg.
“A good entry of HE and AA cattle on offer also with quality animals selling from €2/kg to €2.30/kg. Plainer lots sold from €1.80/kg to €2/kg,” she added.
Read last week’s mart report.
Sheep prices 16-08-2021:
Ann Harkin reported that Monday’s sale attracted “a good entry of sheep this week with a good trade for all on offer both online and at ringside”.
Lamb prices as follows:
- €70 to €85 for 26-30 kgs
- €85 to €95 for 30-34 kgs
- €95 to €110 for 35-39 kgs
- €110 to €120 for 40-43 kgs
- €120 to €135 for 44-55 kgs
- Hoggets sold from €160 to €200
- Fat ewes ranged from €60 to €180
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am
Upcoming special sales: Breeding sheep sale dates for 2021:
- August 25th;
- September 8th;
- Also, September 22nd
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – [email protected]