Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 18-08-2022
The mart manager reported that the sale drew “highly sought-after top quality lots”.
“Bidding was brisk for strong forward stock reaching up to €3.50/kg on occasions.”
“Lighter stock also met strong demand with increased farmer activity around the ring and online. These fetched up to and over €3/kg,” the spokesperson added.
Raphoe Mart 18-08-2022
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €770 to €1520 over;
- Beef bullocks – €1085 to €1355 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1065 over;
- Beef heifers – €940 to €1665 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €985 over.
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.30/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.40/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €700/head to €2480/head;
- AA cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg;
- FR cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg.
According to Harkin, a large entry of sheep this week with a “good” trade throughout for all on offer on Monday, August 15th, 2022.
- €65 to €85 for 25-28 kgs;
- €85 to €110 for 29-35 kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 36-44 kgs;
- €130 to €144 for 45-52 kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €212 each.
Last week’s cattle sale
The mart manager reported that the weekly general cattle sale drew “another good” entry.
Lighter lots sold “well” from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg, while plainer lots changed hands from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.
She noted that forward stock “remained in high demand” amongst buyers, selling to €1,500 over the kg for males and €1,330 over the weight for females.
Aberdeen Angus cattle fetched from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.30/kg.
Read more on this.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email our editor, Catherina Cunnane at [email protected].