Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 17-11-2022
The mart manager reported that demand was “strong” around the ring for all types on offer. Strong, forward cattle were “highly sought after”, selling up to and over €3/kg for quality lots.
Meanwhile, lighter cattle also “sold well”, changing hands from €3/kg to €3.40/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle went under the hammer from €2.10/kg to €2.60/kg, whiel Friesian cattle sold from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €860 to €930 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €960 to €1140 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €455 to €1180 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €550 to €1300 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €390 to €890 over the weight.
This week’s cattle prices
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.10/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.30/kg to €3.40/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €540/head to €1940/head.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Ann Harkin, fat ewes reached €170/head, while lambs topped out at €144/head at Monday’s sheep sale.
- €80 to €100 for 33-36kgs;
- €100 to €120 for 37-41kgs;
- €120 to €135 for 42-49kgs;
- €135 to €144 for 50-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €40/head to €170/head
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported that there was a “high” demand for quality stock, while lighter weights, and strong forward types were “highly sought after”.
Quality lots changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3/kg, while lighter lots sold up to €3.50/kg. Plainer cattle fetched from €2.10/kg to €2.50/kg at Thursday’s sale.
Aberdeen Angus cattle made from €2.20/kg to €2.60/kg, while Friesian cattle sold from €1.70/kg to €2.10/kg.
Read more on this mart report.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
You can find more mart reports.