Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 17-02-2022
The mart manager reported a “strong” demand for all classes of stock.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Forward cattle met a brisk trade again this week.”
“They sold from €2.60/kg to over €3/kg on many occasions and up to €1485 over the weight,” Harkin added.
“Medium weights made from €2.50/kg to €3.20/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.80/kg to €3.50/kg.”
“Aberdeen Angus cattle pushed from €2/kg to €2.70/kg and Friesian cattle changed hands from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg,” she added.
Raphoe Mart 17-02-2022:
- Bulls over 600kgs – €905 to €1335 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €875 to €1485 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €825 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €760 to €1335 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €855 over the weight.
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2.20/kg to €3.30/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.30/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Fat cows clicked from €660/head to €1700/head.
Last week’s cattle sale
That is according to Ann Harkin, mart manager, who reported that a larger entry turned out for this week’s sale.
She reported “high” demand for strong forward-types with many selling up to €2.80/kg to €2.90/kg.
Medium weights changed hands from €2.50/kg to €3.10/kg, while lighter weights sold from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg.
Aberdeen Angus cattle pushed from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle traded from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €1000 to €1100 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €750 to €1155 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €1050 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1250 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €400 to €765 over the weight;
- Fat cows – €800 to €1700 each.
This week’s sheep prices
According to Harkin, a larger sale went under the hammer at the mart’s sheep sale on Monday, February 14th, 2022.
Harkin reported that a “strong” trade prevailed throughout the sale.
- €80 to €110 for 27-32kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 33-40kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 41-47kgs;
- €150 to €159 for 48-57kgs.
- Ewes with one lamb ranged from €150 to €255/team;
- Ewes with two lambs made from €200 to €270/team;
- Fat ewes sold from €80 to €158 each.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – at [email protected]