Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 10-06-2021
The mart manager reported that “strong, forward cattle remained in demand amongst factory agents and finishers”.
“Lighter cattle were also highly sought after with farmers around the ring keen to purchase stock for grass.”
Raphoe Mart 10-06-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg
- Heifers ranged from €2.10/kg to €2.90/kg
- Fat Cows went under the hammer from €690/head to €1230/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €600 to €945 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €580 to €640 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €440 to €710 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €515 to €1020 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €350 to €690 over the weight.
Ann Harkin reported “an excellent entry of cattle” at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, June 3rd, 2021.
Speaking following the sale, the manager said: “A lively trade for all on offer.”
“Strong forward cattle in great demand again this week selling up to €1,000 over and more medium weights also a great trade selling from to €2.60 to €2.80/kg.”
“Lighter weights selling up to €3/kg. Light Friesian cattle are more difficult to sell,” Harkin added.
- Bulls/bullocks fetched from €2/kg to €2.90/kg;
- Heifers made from €2/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €730/head to €1520/head.
According to Harkin, a larger entry of sheep went under the hammer at the mart on Monday, June 7th, 2021.
She noted that a “good trade for all on offer which resulted in a near-total clearance”.
Spring lambs sold at:
- €95 to €120 for 30-36 kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 36-39 kgs;
- €140 to €160 for 40-55 kgs.
- Fat ewes pushed from €80 to €194;
- Ewes with one lamb climbed from €130 to €185;
- Ewes with two lambs sold from €172 to €260.
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am. Limited availability around the ring – contact the mart office for more details. Sale will also be online.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385 or see Facebook here.
You can find more mart reports here