Raphoe Mart – cattle prices – 09-12-2021
Ann Harkin reported that a “good” entry of cattle was on offer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, December 9th, 2021.
The mart manager said that a “great” trade prevailed for all lots at its general cattle sale.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, she said:
“Forward cattle still remain in great demand selling from €2.30/kg to €2.70/kg or up to €1,100 over the weight.”
“Quality lighter cattle also a great trade selling from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg. Friesian cattle were up in price on previous weeks selling from €1.70/kg to €2/kg,” the manager of the Donegal-based mart added.
Raphoe Mart 09-12-2021:
- Bulls/bullocks made from €2/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers ranged from €2.10/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €740 to €2050/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €915 to €1035 over;
- Beef bullocks – €895 to €1115 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €895 over;
- Beef heifers – €605 to €920 over;
- Store heifers – €350 to €765 over.
Last week’s cattle prices
The mart manager reported a “strong” trade for all cattle on offer, especially “strong, quality forward types”, which reached €1,100 over.
Speaking following the sale, she said: “Other quality cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €2.80/kg.”
“Friesian cattle sold from €1.60/kg to €2/kg,” she added.
- Bulls/bullocks ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.90/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows fetched from €840/head to €1680/head.
This week’s sheep sale:
Harkin said “an excellent show of top-quality sheep” turned out for Monday’s show and sale.
She reported that both ringside and online activity resulted in a “brisk” trade, with lamb prices as follows:
- €90 to €120 for 28-34kgs;
- €120 to €140 for 35-42kgs;
- €140 to €160 for 43-46kgs;
- €160 to €175 for 47-55kgs.
- Show lambs made from €190 to €280 for 50 kgs;
- Fat ewes sold from €70 to €180.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, Lifford, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 a.m. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 a.m.
Last sales of 2021:
- Sheep: Monday, December 20th
- Cattle: Thursday, December 23rd.
First sales of 2022:
- Cattle: Thursday, January 6th;
- Sheep: Monday, January 10th.
You can find more mart reports.
To include your report, email us – email@example.com