Ann Harkin reported a “very big” turnout of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday, January 30th.
“Some excellent stock on offer and a great demand throughout the sale. Quality stock in great demand as always and selling up to €2.60 and €2.70/kg and more for lighter lots.” the mart manager explained.
- Bullocks made from €2.00/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Bulls ranged from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg.
- Top class bulls over 600 kgs – €580 to €855 over;
- Beef bullocks – €600 to €1080 over;
- Store bullocks – €400 to €760 over;
- Beef heifers – €500 to €1045 over;
- Store heifers – €340 to €680 over;
- Dry cows – €500 to €1535 each.