Raphoe Mart – Cattle Prices – 22-06-2023
Thursday, June 22nd, 2023, saw a strong demand prevailing for quality cattle and strong forward types.
Forward cattle went under the hammer from €2.70/kg to €3.20/kg, while medium weights sold from €2.80/kg to €3.40/kg and lighter weights traded from €2.80/kg to €3.60/kg.
Meanwhile, Aberdeen Angus cattle varied from €2.30/kg to €2.80/kg, while Friesian cattle changed hands from €2.10/kg to €2.50/kg.
- Bulls/bullocks fetched from €2.40/kg to €3.50/kg;
- Heifers sold from €2.40/kg to €3.60/kg;
- Fat cows made from €850/head to €2170/head.
- Bulls over 600kgs – €905 to €1455 over the weight;
- Beef bullocks – €835 to €1260 over the weight;
- Store bullocks – €615 to €920 over the weight;
- Beef heifers – €615 to €975 over the weight;
- Store heifers – €300 to €785 over the weight.
Monday’s sheep sale
According to Ann Harkin, spring lambs topped out at €170/head, while fat ewes hit highs of €250/head.
Spring lamb prices:
- €80 to €110 for 30-36kgs;
- €110 to €130 for 36-38kgs;
- €130 to €150 for 38-44kgs;
- €150 to €170 for 44-55kgs.
- Fat ewes sold from €80/head to a high of €250/head.
Last week’s cattle prices
According to Ann Harkin, “brisk” bidding prevailed around the ring and online at Raphoe Mart’s cattle sale on Thursday, June 8th, 2023.
The mart manager reported that trade was “lively” for all stock on offer at this week’s sale.
Forward cattle changed hands from €2.60/kg to €3.40/kg, while medium weights made from €2.70/kg to €3.60/kg and lighter weights sold from €2.70/kg to €3.80/kg.
AA cattle sold from €2.20/kg to €3/kg, while FR cattle varied from €1.80/kg to €2.20/kg.
Bulls/bullocks sold from €2.40/kg to €3.50/kg, while heifers pushed from € 2.50/kg to €3.80/kg and fat cows traded from €810/head to €1920/head.
- Address: Raphoe Livestock Mart, County Donegal.
- Contact: 074 914 5385
- Sale days: Sheep sale – Mondays at 11 am. Cattle sale – Thursdays at 11 am.
Read more on this mart report on www.thatsfarming.com