There was an “excellent” entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (October 15th), according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager said: “Trade has improved on last week with plenty of demand and competition around the ring. Quality in-spec cattle are in demand amongst buyers.”
- Bulls sold from €1.70/kg to €2.20/kg;
- Bullocks ranged from €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Heifers made from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg.
- Bulls >600kgs – €550 to €585 over;
- Beef bullocks >600kgs – €600 to €750 over;
- Store bullocks – 400-600kgs €300 to €715 over;
- Beef heifers >500kgs – €480 to €670 over;
- Store heifers <=500kgs – €300 to €640 over;
- Fat cows – €880/head to €1700/head.