Another “great” entry of cattle went under the hammer at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (August 27th), according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said: “Trade remains firm for all types of cattle with quality in-spec cattle the most sought-after. Aberdeen-Angus-cross cattle were also in great demand.”
- Bulls fetched from €1.70/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Bullocks made from €1.80/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Heifers climbed from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg.
- Bulls >600kgs – €580 to €820 over;
- Beef bullocks >600kgs – €590 to €825 over;
- Store bullocks – 400-600kgs €350 to €660 over;
- Beef heifers >500kgs – €490 to €790 over;
- Store heifers <=500kgs – €350 to €605 over;
- Fat cows – €500/head to €1690/head.