Ann Harkin said there was another “great entry” of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (July 2nd).
The mart manager reported “an excellent trade for all cattle on offer with plenty of bidders around the ring looking to purchase cattle”.
“Plainer types sold in the region of €1.90/kg-€2.10/kg while quality cattle sold from €2.30/kg-€2.80/kg and in some cases more.”
- Bulls/Bullocks made from €1.90/kg to €2.70/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €2.00/kg to €2.80/kg;
- Fat cows sold from €580/head to €1880/head.
- Beef bullocks – €590-€615 over;
- Store bullocks – €400-€725 over;
- Beef heifers – €500-€730 over;
- Store heifers – €350-€735 over.