There was a large entry of cattle at Raphoe Mart on Thursday (October 8th), according to Ann Harkin.
Speaking following the general cattle sale, the mart manager, said: “Trade remains lively with plenty of bidders around the ring for quality cattle.”
“Plainer types are slightly more difficult to sell. More quality cattle required to meet demand.”
- Bulls made from €1.80/kg to €2.40/kg;
- Bullocks sold from €1.80/kg to €2.50/kg;
- Heifers fetched from €1.90/kg to €2.60/kg;
- Fat cows ranged from €500/head to €1780/head.
- Bulls over 600 kgs – €570 to €770 over;
- Beef bullocks – €570 to €750 over;
- Store bullocks – €380 to €770 over;
- Beef heifers – €480 to €835 over;
- Store heifers – €450 to €640 over