Kilkenny Mart’s general cattle sale attracted some 1,100 entries on Thursday (March 12th), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer noted that trade was similar to the previous week for quality lots, while plainer-types were more difficult to sell. He outlined that cull cows met a solid trade.
- 600kgs – €1.65-€2.30/kg or €1,040-€1,700/head;
- 500-600kgs – €1.75-€2.40/kg or €980-€1,360;/head;
- 400kg-500kgs – €1.60-€2.65/kg or €750-€1,210/head;
- <400kgs – €1.50-€3.13/kg or €550-€1,120/head.
- Beef-types – €1.90-€2.30/kg or €980-€1,340/head;
- Forward-types – €1.90-€2.45/kg or €780-€1,200/head;
- Light stores – €1.90-€2.51/kg or €580-€990/head.
- Friesian culls – €0.80-€1.50/kg;
- Continental culls – €1.20-€2.10/kg.