Police in Northern Ireland has appealed for information after a pig has been reported as missing following a road traffic collision.
The road traffic collision occurred on Station Road in the Saintfield area on Sunday, 27th June, 2021.
In a statement, a spokesperson for Police Newry, Mourne & Down, said:
“Do you live in the Saintfield area? Have you seen this pig?”
“It was involved in a road traffic collision on the Station Road on Sunday, June 27th. The owner has been unable to locate it since.”
“Please ring 101 and ask for Constable Cushley Downpatrick if you have any information,” the spokesperson concluded.
Summer safety campaign
Meanwhile, the PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland) has launched its summer safety campaign.
It encourages members of the public to have an enjoyable summer whilst being mindful of safety issues to watch out for.
The PSNI has outlined top safety tips to be mindful of this July and August:
- Before you leave your home, ensure all external doors and windows are secure and locked;
- Also, ensure your main garage door is shut and locked;
- Furthermore, do not leave valuable items including bicycles or toys sitting around, outside your house;
- If you are going away, ask a neighbour to leave your bins out. You can also make your house look occupied by leaving a light on a timer;
- Always look out for your neighbours. If you see someone acting suspiciously, note down a description and car registration details and contact police immediately;
- Consider installing an approved CCTV that you can monitor remotely, including via Wi-Fi;
- Consider installing an approved home alarm system and ensure you use it;
- Find out if there is a neighbourhood watch or nominated neighbour scheme in your area.
Secure home, shed and outbuildings
Superintendent Gordon McCalmont from the Crime Prevention and Early Intervention Branch said:
“As lockdown measures have relaxed, we know that more and more people are out and about with friends and family and booking trips away.”
“Many people will be taking advantage of a day trip away or break in their holiday home or caravan, so it is very important to ensure that your property is secure when you are away.
“It only takes a thief a few minutes to enter your home and take valuables, so ensure to secure your house, shed and any other outbuildings.”