The Agricultural Wages Board for Northern Ireland has announced proposed increases to the minimum wage rates for agricultural workers.
The board proposes to increase existing minimum rates for agricultural workers for grades 3 to 6 by 5% from April 1st, 2020. In addition, the accommodation offset will rise to a maximum of £45.00 per week.
Therefore, the proposed new rates are:
- Minimum rate, applicable for the first 40 weeks cumulative employment – £6.88 per hour;
- Grade 2 – Standard worker – £7.42 per hour;
- Grade 3 – Lead worker – £8.82 per hour;
- Grade 4 – Craft Grade – £9.49 per hour;
- Grade 5 – Supervisory Grade – £9.99 per hour;
- Grade 6 – Farm Management Grade – £10.84 per hour.
Any objections to the above proposals should be sent to: AWB Secretariat, 1st Floor, Ballykelly House, 111 Ballykelly Road, Limavady, BT49 9HO, to arrive on or before Friday 6 March 2020.
The board will meet again on March 13th, 2020 to consider any objections to the proposals and may make an order to give effect to the new rates and other amendments which would come into operation on April 1st, 2020.
The definitions for the grades and the qualifications required for each grade area available here.