- Advertisement -
Kilkenny Mart’s calf sale attracted over 100 entries on Monday (July 6th), according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported a smaller entry with a full clearance. The sale-topper came in the form of an early March-born calf at €535.
“The presence of farmers, exporters, plus north of Ireland buyers, resulted in an excellent trade,” Candler explained.
- 1st-rate Friesian bulls – €80-€170/head;
- 2nd-rate Friesian bulls – €40-€90/head;
- Continental bulls – €200-€530/head;
- Continental heifers – €200-€530/head;
- Angus and Hereford bulls – €130-€385/head;
- Angus and Hereford heifers – €120-€300/head.