Kilmallock Mart has, this morning (Monday, March 23rd), announced new sale arrangements.
In a statement, a spokesperson stressed that “strict” social distancing procedures will be in operation.
Last Monday (March 16th), GVM Group released a statement outlining that only calf would take place at its livestock marts and that all other sales are suspended until at least March 28th, as reported by us here.
“This action is being taken in the interest of the health and safety of our staff, our customers, their families and the wider general public.”
“It is our intention to resume all livestock sales on 30th March, when we will have revised operations and procedures in place to deal with this health crisis.”
“We very much regret this disruption to livestock trading but it is an entirely necessary and responsible action to take in view of the current COVID – 19 health crisis.” the spokesperson added.” the spokesperson added.
However, in a statement issued this morning (Monday, March 23rd), the mart announced that the following sales are set to take place:
- Bull sale and special dry cow sale this Friday (March 27th) – cows will be sold first at 10:30am, followed by bulls;
- Monday (March 30th) – Weanling bulls at 10:30am, followed by bullocks (no cows and heifers), calves at 9:30am;
- Tuesday evening (March 31st) – Weanling bulls, heifers, sucklers – intake opens at 2:30am, sale at 7pm;
- Wednesday evening (April 1st) – usual calf sale – intake opens at 2:30pm, followed by sale at 6:45pm;
- Monday, April 6th – Dry cows at 10:30am, followed by heifers (no weanling bulls and bullocks), calves at 9:30am, dairy at 12pm.
Image source: GVM Group Facebook