Kilkenny Mart’s general cattle sale attracted some 780 entries on Thursday, February 28th, according to George Candler.
The mart’s auctioneer reported an “excellent” trade for forward store bullocks and heifers. “There were more customers operating for quality forward store bullocks and heifers with cull cow buyers also anxious to secure stock.”
- 600kgs – €1.60-€2.30/kg or €980-€1,630/head;
- 500-600gs – €1.60-€2.52/kg or €860-€1,410/head;
- 400-500kgs – €1.40-€2.65/kg or €650-€1,140/head;
- <400kgs – €1.50-€2.75/kg or €480-€1,070/head.
- Beef-types – €1.80-€2.30/kg or €980-€1,370/head;
- Forward store-types – €1.90-€2.65/kg or €670-€1,210/head;
- Light stores – €1.70-€2.75/kg or €640-€1,000/head.
- Continental cull cows – €1.30-€2.20/kg;
- Friesian cull cows – €1.05-€1.55/kg.