Sunday, December 3, 2023
2.9 C
HomeFarming NewsMan hospitalised following tractor/van crash
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane
Catherina Cunnane hails from a sixth-generation drystock and specialised pedigree suckler enterprise in Co. Mayo. She currently holds the positions of editor and general manager at That's Farming, having joined the firm during its start-up phase in 2015.
Reading Time: 2 minutes

Man hospitalised following tractor/van crash

Meath crash: Tractor driver hospitalised

A man has been hospitalised following a crash between a van and a tractor in Co Meath.

The road traffic collision took place in Skryne, Co. Meath, shortly after 9 am yesterday (Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022).

Confirming the news to That’s Farming, a spokesperson for An Garda Síochána said:

“Gardaí and emergency services attended the scene of a road traffic collision between a van and a tractor at occurred on May 3rd, 2022, at Skryne, Co. Meath at 9.10 am.”

“A man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to Blanchardstown Hospital for treatment. Investigations are ongoing,” the spokesperson concluded.

Tractor driving tests

In other related news, last week, we featured a piece on tractor driving tests in the UK.

- Advertisement -

In the UK, people can take a standalone DSA tractor driving test to obtain a category F licence.

This category includes tractors with two or more axles built for off-road agriculture or forestry work.

According to Ben Shaw Training, to apply for your tractor licence, you will need to:

  • Obtain a National Insurance number to apply for your provisional licence;
  • Apply for a provisional licence from 15 years and 9 months of age;
  • Book your test through DVSA once you receive your provisional licence.

According to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), if you wish to practice, you will need to seek the support of a qualified driver or take lessons from an approved instructor – to facilitate practice sessions in a passenger seat.

When taking your test, you must ensure that you have access to an insured and roadworthy tractor.

You can legally drive a tractor on roads in the UK when you are sixteen, once you have passed the DVSA Tractor Driving Test.

The UK government’s website states: “You can get a provisional licence for a tractor or specialist vehicle at 16, but you cannot practise driving them on the road until you are 17.”

“The only exception is when you’re driving to or from your practical driving test.”

You can read more on this news story.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular