Two livestock marts have temporarily closed and cancelled upcoming sales as a precautionary measure in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In a brief statement on social media today (Thursday, April 22nd), Dowra Mart has confirmed that it will not host its sheep or cattle sale this week.
A spokesperson said: “Unfortunately, we will not be having a sheep or cattle sale this week – the 23rd and 24th of April, as a precautionary measure and following HSE guidelines – with the best interest of the health and safety of our customers and staff.”
“Sales will resume next Friday, April 30th and Saturday, May 1st. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, stay safe,” the spokesperson concluded.
Meanwhile, Elphin Mart has temporarily closed due to a consumer being a close contact to a confirmed Covid-19 case.
The mart has taken the action in the interest of health and safety and has rescheduled its cattle sale to Wednesday, April 28th.
You can find more updates on livestock marts here.
From Monday, April 26th, the following changes to restrictions will come into place:
- Outdoor sports facilities can reopen (for example: pitches, golf courses and tennis courts, other facilities as appropriate). Activities should take place between a maximum of two households;
- Facilities including club houses and any indoor facilities (for example: changing rooms, showers, kitchens, meeting rooms), apart from essential toilet facilities must remain closed. There should not be any return to team sports or training activities;
- Underage non-contact outdoor training in pods of 15 or fewer can resume;
- Outdoor visitor attractions can reopen (for example: zoos, open pet farms, heritage sites but not amusement parks) – indoor areas should remain closed and hospitality should only be open for take-away services. Robust protective measures, including appropriate capacity limits, should be in place;
- Maximum attendance at funerals will increase to 25 on compassionate grounds. Linked gatherings should not take place before or after funeral services.