Farmers, a veterinary surgeon, a former tractor retailer, and a plant hire company have featured in a list of tax defaulters Revenue published in respect of January 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2021.
Revenue published the list in two parts on Tuesday, June 15th, 2021:
- Part 1: Persons in whose case the Court has determined a penalty relating to a settlement, or has imposed a fine, imprisonment or other penalty in respect of a tax or duty offence;
- Part 2: Persons in whose case Revenue has accepted a settlement offer instead of initiating court proceedings, or a settlement has been paid in full. This list reflects the amount of a settlement that remained unpaid at the end of the period, March 31st, 2021.
List of tax defaulters
Failure to lodge income tax return(s)
- John Dooley, Licknabegga, Peterswell, Co Galway – plant hire – €1,250;
- Edward Hannon, Castle Bank, Ardnacrusha, Co. Clare – farmer – €2,500;
- Bernard M Keating, Kilbaha, Kilrush, Co Clare – farmer/publication/food – €1,250;
- John Quirke, Lattin, Co Tipperary – accountant/farmer – €2,500;
- Thomas Conor Smith, Rosevalley, Drumree, Co Meath – farmer – €1,250.
Failure to lodge VAT return(s):
- Padraic Connolly, Milltown, Castleplunkett, Castlerea, Co Roscommon – Machinery/plant hire/welder – €1,250.
Misure of marked mineral oil:
- Andrew Bothwell, Old Grange, Carlingford, Co Louth – contractor/bricklayer/farmer – 42,500;
- John Mullarkey, Cornabanny, Cloonfad, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo – farmer – €2,500.
- David Canty, The Farmhouse, Leemount, Lee Road, Cork – veterinary surgeon – Tax: €27,681.30; Interest €10,067.82; Penalities: €8,304/39; Total: €46,053.51; Revenue audit case – under-declaration of income tax;
- Dermot Rea, Carrickaroche, Galbally, Co Limerick – former tractor retailer/repair services – Tax: €66,908.80; Interest: €17,203.60; Penalities: €27,963.52; Total: €115,075.82 – Revenue audit case – under-declaration of Income tax and VAT. Amount unpaid on March 31st, 2021: €111,623.90.
Revenue Compliance Yield
According to Revenue, in the 3-month period to March 31st, 2021, a total of 234 Revenue audit and investigations, together with 15,720 Risk Management Interventions (Aspect Queries and Profile Interviews), were settled, resulting in a yield of €121.4 million in tax, interest, and penalties.
You can find the previous list here.