There was a bigger sale of sheep on offer this week at Blessington Mart’s sheep sale on Tuesday (May 26th), according to a mart spokesperson.
They reported that lamb prices are back by €6-€7/head and fat ewe prices also fell by €5/head. Meanwhile, trade for other classes remained unchanged from the previous week.
- Spring lambs – €112-€125 or €70-€80 over;
- Fat hoggets – €110-€126 or €63-€73 over;
- Fat ewes – €115-€120/head;
- Store ewes – €60-€115/head;
- Ewes with lambs at foot – €140-€240/head.
Image source: Blessington Mart Facebook