Thursday, January 30th saw some 800 lots, including 175 cull cows and 40 sucklers, go under the hammer at Kilkenny Mart, according to George Candler.
“A good yard of cattle for the time of year with all lots meeting a good, solid trade.”
“Trade remained firm all day with the renewed confidence present from early January remaining.” the auctioneer added.
- 600kg – €1.70-€2.35/kg or €1,040-€1,580/head;
- 500-600kg – €1.50-€2.37/kg or €780-€1,350/head;
- 400-500kg – €1.40-€2.60/kg or €650-€1,200/head;
- <400kg – €1.60-€2.95/kg or €400-€1,060/head.
- Beef-types – €1.90-€2.46/kg or €1,150-€1,520/head;
- Forward stores – €1.80-€2.35/kg or €850-€1,150/head;
- Light stores – €1.70-€2.65/kg or €520-€900/head.
- Friesian cull cows – €0.70-€1.75/kg;
- Continental cull cows – €1.15-€2.05/kg.
- In-calf sucklers – €1,100-€1,520/head.